Tuesday 3 March 2009

Day 16

I'm sorry i haven't been posting, its been a rocky week! I completely fell off the wagon! I started slowly low carbing for a couple of days.....and it was downhill from there! On Sunday we went to TGI's mmmmmm wow i have to say the food was fantastic... but afterwards i could've kicked myself!!! How stupid am i?? I lost 7lbs!! Half a stone!!! in my first week, so why would i want to ruin it! The answer is.. i don't know, i guess if i knew that i would be superslim!
So Monday morning i went to my CDC's (Cambridge diet councillor) feeling pretty miserable and dreading my weigh in. I hate getting out of the car, i swear the curtains start twitching along the whole street and i get this picture of two women in my head, talking about how fat my backside is, and saying that i'll never stick to the diet. I mean surely everyone in the street knows what my CDC does for a living, or maybe they think she's an undercover drug dealer and i've just popped in to get my weekly supply. I guess i do walk in with a wad of cash and come back out clutching a box (of shakes) for dear life!
So anyway i told her what had happened, and she told me that in fact i had had a very positive experience, the lady is a miracle worker, my whole frame of mind changed in seconds! She was right, so i may have sabotaged my diet, but i learnt a hell of a lot from it!
The main thing being that i need to address my underlying issues with food, otherwise any weightloss is going to be short term, because as soon as i go on a binge it'll all pile back on!
So i now have a new ultimate goal, i want to change my relationship with food, for good!
I have realised where my bad habits are and now i've got to kick them like an addiction!
I think the Cambridge diet is the perfect way for me to put this into practice, it'll be like starting over and building my way back up to eating a normal diet.
As for the weightloss/gain i put on 2lbs, so not all bad, i thought i would've put all 7lbs back on, so i'm pretty chuffed all in all and feeling very positive!

So yesterday it was straight back onto the diet with all the determination in the world! I can do this! I will do this...no really i will :)

1 comment:

  1. Wohoo!!! keep going!!!! you will get there in the end. I wish I could change my relationship with food....it seems to be haunting me everywhere I go!

    ReplyDelete